All Teachers In Residence will assume the same schedule as a full-time KIPP NYC teacher. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Attending a new teacher development institute over the summer.
- Engaging in workshops on issues of race and equity.
- Developing teaching skills through regular feedback and coaching from a skilled mentor
- Providing individual, small, and whole group instruction for students through gradual on-boarding.
- Leading or co-facilitating an advisory.
- Engaging in regional, cohort, school, and content-based professional and personal development.
- Constantly assessing student progress and communicating results to families and colleagues.
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff.
KIPP NYC provides one of the most competitive teacher residency salaries in the New York City. Teachers in Residence are full-time employees with full access to KIPP NYC benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, mental health coverage, 403b employee match, gym reimbursement, relocation benefits for out-of-state candidates, and much more.